Sunday 14 February 2016

A Need For Writing


DECISIONS ON DIRECTION

I'm still navigating through a crossroads in life. On the one side, I've embarked on my journey of self discovery. Although just a short way along, it's already opened up my mind to so many new things - ideas, ways of thinking and a positive mind-state for allowing further developments. On the other side, I'm still walking a life that I have previously led - one which fits in with a much practiced lifestyle. I'm unable to see what lies ahead on my potential new path, and because I already know the other path well, it's easier to turn back and stay on it.

The problem right now, is that I'm unemployed and slipping into debt. I need to bring in some money to cover the bills. The new path I'm on, doesn't yet provide the financial wealth to support me. The old life, which has been presented to me again, brings in good money. It's a tempting proposition. Two friends who I like and respect, are offering me an opportunity to come back into advertising. That means a 9-5 (and likely longer hours) and more security that the bills will be paid. Providing I stay disciplined as I have been, it could mean I'll be able to save money. Then I can venture off into the unknown once again.

Today I attended a mindfulness session. It confirmed what I already know and understand - that I need to stay mindful and also that I have come so far along this path already. I can make this work for me - but not just yet...I need some regular income and more time to piece together the elements for making a career out of the new path.

I miss my writing. The mornings used to be a more contemplative time. But now with the weekly blogs, I'm losing a continued stream of thought required to pull everything together. The daily paragraph diaries are a helpful tool, but I will look at writing a more substantial piece every week once my current legal responsibilities have been met.

No comments:

Post a Comment