Sunday 25 December 2016

Christmas Day


CHRISTMAS FEAST

As much as I love a Christmas dinner with turkey and all the trimmings - the warmer climate by the coast, where fresh seafood can be easily sourced for a celebratory feast, is by far the better option for me on Christmas Day. 

An Alternative Christmas
There's absolutely no need to find an establishment that cooks a traditional roast - as some of the bigger hotels are doing for tourists here in Sri Lanka, when a family-run beach restaurant is cooking up a sumptuous barbecue of delicious fish alternatives. It's times like this in a foreign country, with the sun in my face and the sounds of the sea and nature around me, that I question the choices I make to ensure life in London throughout the winter - or even the summer for that matter! When life can be so much simpler and offer so much return for far less money - as does living in Sri Lanka (certainly as a tourist anyway), that I'll need to convince my family to try a non-traditional Christmas in coming years if I'm to continue this idyllic lifestyle choice over a period which for most U.K. households, is generally known for high-expense, over-indulgence and too much TV to fill the days.

A Celebration of 2016
This post marks the 52nd and my final weekly post for 2016. There's been some good observations made, some clarity of thought established and new ideas formed for how I'm going to progress in 2017. The ongoing learning program will continue - with my first cadaver dissection occurring on the first Friday of January, marking a more professional approach towards learning deeper understanding of physiology and how the body works. I shall be upping my reading for 2017 to aim for 24 books read (2 per month) and once I have re-read through and digested 2016's posts again in early January, the first chapter of my book will be started and written-up by the end of the month. I will continue to write a chapter every month consecutively - making 12 chapters in total by the end of 2017.

For now, I am writing this post on the bed of my homestay - when I should be on the beach. So, I will take this moment to enjoy my time actually 'in the moment' and use the following week to properly think/give my affirmations for 2017. All in all, I'm happy with my progress this year - there's been marked successes and lots of things to improve on - however, I feel more ready and deservedly able to share my findings in a book - something that didn't feel quite right up until now.

It certainly is a Happy Christmas...I wish anyone stumbling here a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year too!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment